Metal-enclosed Ring Main Unit Switchgear
XGN15-12 Series Metal-enclosed Ring Main Unit Switchgear is suitable for power systems with a voltage of 12kVAC (50Hz). XGN15-12 series has the advantages of simple structure, flexible operation, reliable interlock, convenient installation, etc. It is especially suitable for places such as small secondary substations, switching stations, power distributions, urban residential areas, industrial/mining enterprises, shopping malls, airports, subways, wind power generations, hospitals, stadiums, and railways. The automatic power distribution can be realized by installing electric operating system, and communication module. XGN15-12 series comply with standards such as GB 3906-2006, IEC 60298-1990 and GB/T 11022-2011.
How to order
● SF6 ring main unit cabinet has the advantages of small size, safety and reliability, easy combination and expansion;
● SF6 gas is used as insulation and arc extinguishing medium, with advantages such as good breaking performance, low overvoltage, long electrical life, maintenance-free arc extinguishing chamber, etc.;
● Operating mechanism and locking system has the advantages of simple operation and high reliability;
● The short-circuit opening and closing ability of the earthing switch is good;
● The cabinet body is formed by pressing aluminum-zinc plate, and adopts an assembled structure, which is strong and resistant to deformation.
The ring main unit （RMU）cabinet is composed of busbar room, load break switch room (or circuit breaker room), cable room, low-voltage control room, as well as measurement or metering circuits. Each room is divided by steel plates to avoid mutual interference by faults.
The busbar room is placed on the upper part of the RMU cabinet, and the main busbars are connected together in the busbar room and run through the entire row of switch cabinets. The busbars are arranged horizontally and can be easily expanded.
Main switch room
The main switch room is composed of a load break switch room and a circuit breaker room.
There is a load switch in the load break switch room. The outer shell of the load switch is made of epoxy resin, filled with SF6 gas as the arc extinguishing and insulating medium. And two transparent thermo-formed plastic covers are provided at the leading end of the operating shaft, which is used to observe the state of the contact. An SF6 gas density meter or a gas density circuit breaker room with alarm contacts can be installed in the main switch room according to customer requirements.
The circuit breaker room is located in the middle of the cabinet. It can be equipped with vacuum circuit breakers or SF6 circuit breakers according to customer needs. Its breaking capacity can meet the switching and branch network operations under normal working conditions, and it also can carry the short-circuit breaking current under special circumstances. The vacuum circuit breaker are especially suitable for electrical network systems that are frequently operated. The SF6 circuit breaker is equipped with a spring operating mechanism, and has the reclosing function with reliable action and long life.
The cable room is mainly used for the connection of cables, so that single-core or three-core cables can be connected through the simplest unshielded cable head. The ample space in the cable room can also accommodate components such as lightning arresters, current transformers, and lower grounding switches. The cabinet door of the cable room has an observation window and a safety interlock device. The front door frame of the bottom plate of the cable room can be removed to facilitate cable installation.
Low-voltage control room
The low-voltage room is equipped with a spring operating mechanism with a position indicator and a mechanical interlocking device. Auxiliary contacts, trip coils, emergency trip mechanisms, capacitive live display devices, key locks and electric operating devices can be installed in the low-voltage room. It is also possible to install control circuits, recording instruments and protective relays in the space of the low-voltage room. The 750mm wide cabinet is equipped with two identical low-voltage rooms, which can be equipped with more accessories.
● Ambient temperature: -35℃~+45℃, the average value of 24h does not exceed +25℃.
● Altitude: ≤1000m;
● Relative humidity: daily average ≤95%, monthly average ≤90%;
● Seismic fortification intensity: Ⅷ;
● Installation site: no severe vibration and impact, and no fire, chemical corrosion, explosion and other dangers.